30 Cal brake, 5/8-24
Part of the Patent Pending AREA 419 Modular Brake System (SIDEWINDER AND HELLFIRE SYSTEM PARTS ARE NOT INTERCHANGEABLE)
The SIDEWINDER Self Timing Brake is not just another knockoff copy of existing self timing brakes. It was engineered from the ground up to be extremely effective, easier to install, and much more versatile. The SIDEWINDER uses the same patent pending self timing technology as the HELLFIRE, only larger. Each brake includes one universal adapter. Read more on all of its advantages below:
In order to simplify the choices, we have four caliber selections available for the SIDEWINDER brake. The difference in efficiency between using a caliber specific brake bore, and the next size up is very minimal, so we decided to simplify things in order to lower overall costs to you the consumer. As you can imagine, trying to stock the exact quantities required of six or so different calibers would be impossible.
6.5mm – Good for any bullet caliber up to and including 0.264
30 Cal – Good for any bullet caliber up to and including 0.308
338 Cal – Good for any bullet caliber up to and including 0.338
375 Cal – Good for any bullet caliber up to and including 0.375
– Extremely easy installation, brake WILL NOT turn as you torque the collar to lock. No more guessing where the brake ports will line up once you tighten it down!
– Simple round knurled nut that requires no tools to time the brake.
– Return to zero is excellent. This means removal of your brake and re-installation will not require a zero change.
– Suppressor mounts like those available for the HELLFIRE will be available soon.
– Simply torque the included universal adapter onto your barrel with a 13/16″ wrench, this piece never has to come off. Next, LEFT HAND thread the brake/collar assembly onto the adapter until it is almost snug. Now rotate the brake until it is level, push the brake into the adapter and you will feel it lock onto the taper. Now tighten the collar fully by hand, and you are done!
SIDEWINDER Muzzle Brake
– Rearward facing ports for the ultimate in recoil reduction. The SIDEWINDER is modeled after our extremely popular HELLFIRE brake, which was independently tested side by side with the best brakes on the market. The HELLFIRE showed 52% recoil reduction on a 6.5 Creedmoor test rifle. This is ~4% more than the one of the most popular brakes on the market. The SIDEWINDER has one more port and is larger in diameter – so you can expect a notable increase in recoil abatement.
– Proprietary port design controls muzzle rise without the use of top porting.
– Proprietary progressive port design. The amount of work done by a muzzle brake as you move away from the muzzle decreases with distance. Knowing this, we decided to increase the size of the first port and decrease slightly with every port further out. This keeps the overall length down, without sacrificing efficiency.
– Face of brake is engraved with caliber to indicate the top for correct orientation, and a horizontal line to aid in leveling.
– Made from heat treated 17-4PH Stainless Steel
– Brakes will be available in Black Nitride finish or raw stainless (all universal adapters will be black)
– Manufactured on state of the art CNC Machines right here in NW Ohio. 100% Made in USA.
– 1.125″ OD Brake, 1.275″ OD collar
– 3.35″ Length, Adds approx. 2.75″ to Barrel Length
– Weight of Brake + Adapter: 7.5oz
– Universal adapter system allows TOOL FREE use of multiple muzzle attachments
– Universal adapter uses a taper surface similar to a machine tool spindle for the absolute best alignment with the muzzle threads.
– Universal adapter is made in one operation on a state of the art CNC lathe, threads are 100% concentric to taper surface
– All Universal Adapters will come Black Nitrided to prevent galling.
Maintenance on any muzzle brake is essential. Just like your barrel, muzzle brakes need cleaned. Over time carbon will build up in the ports, mainly the last port as the first two are semi-self cleaning from the muzzle blast. When this carbon builds up, it will eventually get to the point that bullets can actually strike it. Depending on your shooting regimen you may not notice this, you might just call it a flier. But in a competition when you need every round to impact, this is critical. Carbon bullet strikes are a worst case scenario, but the buildup can also cause accuracy or POI issues just due to airflow changes in the brake ports.
NOTE: The use of Lemishine (or any citric-acid cleaner) or CLR to clean your brake will likely discolor the black nitride, and will void the lifetime warranty of your product. Don’t do this. Seriously. It’ll turn pink and you’ll feel like an idiot.
We are a fresh upstart with years of retail experience in the shooting, hunting, and fishing industry. With a passion for shooting we are working hard to bring you a great assortment for the precision shooter.
Our policy is simple- we take care of our customer. Period. If you have an issue with your purchase reach out, we want to help.